Shotokan Traditional Karate Organisation
SHOTO runs regular Beginners Courses at both North London and Winchmore Hill dojos.
Courses run for 12 lessons with a grading to Red Belt at the end of the course. Red Belts may then join the main class.
- Courses contain basic kicks, punches, strikes, blocks and self-defence.
- Traditional non-contact Shotokan Karate for men women and children.
- Taught by experienced EKF Black Belts.
- No special clothing necessary.
- Certificate awarded at end of course.
Traditional Shotokan Karate Classes for men, women, of all ages etc
If you’re considering taking up traditional Shotokan karate, derived from Master Kanazawa, we run beginners courses at various venues such as North London Karate Club, Muswell Hill and Winchmore Hill at various times throughout the year. The karate classes consist of traditional, non-contact Shotokan karate – suitable for men, women and children – taught in small groups by some of the most experienced black belts in the UK.
Benefits of Karate
- Self discipline
- Increases fitness levels
- Encourages non violent conflict resolution
- Stress buster
- Confidence booster
- Self motivation
- Develops team work skills
- Boosts social skills
- Hand-eye and balance coordination improvement
- Develops distancing and spatial awareness
- Increases self esteem
- Instills a sense of respect
- Set and achieve goals
- Improves listening skills
Course starts 25th January 2018
Thursday 7.30pm – 9pm
Greig City Academy, High Street, Hornsey N8
Course contains basic blocks, strikes, kicks, first kata and self defence
Taught by experienced black belts
No experience necessary
No special clothing required
Small friendly club
Suitable for all abilities and ages over 16
FREE grading on completion of the course.
FREE karate suit on completion of grading