Shotokan Traditional Karate Organisation
BEGINNERS KARATE CLASSES
£30 FOR 6 WEEKS
FREE GRADING AND KARATE SUIT
Greig City Academy, Hornsey, N8
(Thurs 7.30-9pm) & Sun 11am-12.30)
Winchmore Hill Secondary School, Highfield Road, N21
(Tues 8pm-9pm & Wed 8pm-9pm)
Visit either location during the 6 week course or even join us at both.
SHOTO runs regular Beginners Courses at both North London and Winchmore Hill dojos.
Courses run for 12 lessons with a grading to Red Belt at the end of the course. Red Belts may then join the main class.
- Courses contain basic kicks, punches, strikes, blocks and self-defence.
- Traditional non-contact Shotokan Karate for men women and children.
- Taught by experienced EKF Black Belts.
- No special clothing necessary.
- Certificate awarded at end of course.
Traditional Shotokan Karate Classes for men, women, of all ages etc
If you’re considering taking up traditional Shotokan karate, derived from Master Kanazawa, we run beginners courses at various venues such as North London Karate Club, Muswell Hill and Winchmore Hill at various times throughout the year. The karate classes consist of traditional, non-contact Shotokan karate – suitable for men, women and children – taught in small groups by some of the most experienced black belts in the UK.
Benefits of Karate
- Self discipline
- Increases fitness levels
- Encourages non violent conflict resolution
- Stress buster
- Confidence booster
- Self motivation
- Develops team work skills
- Boosts social skills
- Hand-eye and balance coordination improvement
- Develops distancing and spatial awareness
- Increases self esteem
- Instills a sense of respect
- Set and achieve goals
- Improves listening skills