Terms and Conditions
Rules and Conditions of Membership
- All graded students must train a minimum of eight times a month, 50% of which should be Kata
- All students must attend the training sessions held on the same day of the grading, irrespective of whether or not they are grading
- All students and especially Dan grades should make every effort to support the club by attending the training courses held by the Association
- The set monthly training fee allows students to train four times a week, i.e. twice atDojo Etiquette
- Correct Dojo etiquette must be observed at all times
- Always bow upon entering and leaving the Dojo
- Junior grades should bow first to their seniors
- Instructors should be referred to as Sensei or by their appropriate title, and not by name
- Students should try to arrive approx 20 minutes before the start of the lesson, to allow themselves adequate time to get changed etc
- Karate suits (Gi) should be kept clean at all times, and must be in a good state of repair
- Shoes or trainers should be removed before entering the Dojo
- Students should wear an Association Gi badge; a student’s name may also be written in Japanese upon their Gi
- Students should pay particular attention to their personal hygiene, finger and toe nails in particular must be kept clean and cut regularly
- All personal adornments (watches, rings, ear-rings, necklaces etc) must be removed prior to the start of each lesson
- No food or drink is allowed in the Dojo
- Electronic pagers and mobile phones must not be used unless prior arrangement has been made with the Instructor
- Students should speak quietly while warming up before the lesson to avoid distracting others who may be performing a technique etc
- Smoking is not allowed in the Dojo, or any adjacent areas
- Decorum should be observed at all times
- The Dojo Captain, The Secretary and all senior Dan grades have the authority to correct a student on their behavior
- The senior instructor of its respective club has the final decision in any matter under dispute
- Students below Brown Belt who wish to grade must have a minimum of 26 lessons since the last grading
- Students who attended an Open Day that occurred after their last grading, may also count this attendance as three lessons
- There must be a minimum of three months between Kyu gradings below 3rd Kyu, a minimum of six months between third and second Kyu and second and first Kyu, and one year between first Kyu and Shodan.
- All Brown Belts must train a minimum of twice a week Students may not grade without a current licences
LICENCES AND INSURANCE
- All practising Karate-ka whatever grade must hold a current licence (The licence runs from 1st Jan to 31st Dec).
- All Instructors must have current insurance
TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- Students who fail to attend for a period of thirty days and have not informed or contacted the Secretary or Dojo Captain shall have their membership terminated automatically.
- Any member found to be of unsuitable character and likely to bring dishonour to the club shall have their membership terminated.
- The Instructor, Secretary, and Dojo Captain reserve the right to refuse membership to any persons they consider unsuitable.
- Students who wish to leave the club to join another, should out of courtesy inform the club Secretary and also the Instructor
OUTSIDE THE DOJO
- Members have a responsibility to behave in a manner which maintains and enhances the reputation of the club, and to refrain from any form of behaviour that may reflect badly on their fellow students or Instructors